It’s not unusual for westerners to look down on products that are made in China, simply because of quality issues. However, things have changed now for new and aggressive Chinese tech gadget manufacturers and they aim to be on equal status as their western counterparts are when it comes to product specs, features, quality and overall performance. Today tech giants like Lenovo, Huawei and Xiaomi have broken though the mainstream consumer electronics market and have even been taken notice by US and EU consumers. In case you want to buy the best tablet for your kids, but don’t want to spend too much to acquire one, then these 10 android tablets from China might work for you.
- Chuwi Hi12 – The number one best tablet for kids from Chinese manufacturers is the Chuwi Hi12. Let’s get you started with its hardware specifications; you will definitely enjoy its quad-core Intel Cherry Trail processor which runs at 1.44 Ghz, it has 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB built-in storage package, and a 10.1-inch high resolution 2160 x 1440 dpi display. It also sports a dual-boot configuration which allows you to use either the Windows 10 or the Android 5.1 OS. It has excellent parental controls features which is guaranteed child-safe and it costs $234.99.
- Teclast X98 Plus II – Coming in 2nd place is the Teclast X98 Plus II multipurpose tablet. It uses the same Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 quad-core processor as the Chuwi Hi12 does, similar RAM and internal storage capacity specs. Its display is only 9.7 inches wide but it still features a hi-res AMOLED display. Aside from the standard parental controls it has got, you will also find its connectivity features quite impressive. It has an HDMI and a microUSB ports respectively, latest Bluetooth and wifi configuration. Only at $167.99 it’s $67 less than the Hi12.
- Chuwi Hi8 Pro – The Hi12’s little brother which is the Hi8 Pro comes in 3rd place on this list. It has the best price-to-features ratio compared to all other tablets on this list, and you’ll get the Intel Z8300 processor (quad core) which has a decent operating speed of 1.44 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB internal storage space and an 8-inch IPS screen with a 1920 x 1200 pixels resolution. Did I already mention that it only cost $79.99? It too has great parental control features plus a dual-boot pre-installed OS.
- Jumper Ezbook 2 – The Jumper Ezbook 2 is in a completely different class than all the best tablets here and the reason is because of its hardware specs. You could put this netbook side-by-side with other top quality netbooks of western design and you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference – and I’m talking about its hardware. Inside its compact design you will find the Intel Z8300 quad-core processor at its heart, then along with it are its 4 GB RAM chip, 64 GB internal storage space and its high resolution 14.1-inch display. True it’s a knock-off of the MacBook Air, but having excellent parental controls feature plus it’s priced only at $196.30 with almost similar performance, I doubt you’ll reject it.
- Cube iWork 10 – The Cube iWork 10 tablet took the fifth spot on this list and it’s no surprise why. This tablet is rather expensive compared to the first four contenders on this list, and although it features great specs like the quad-core Intel AtoM X5-Z8300 processor which has a clock speed of 1.44 GHz (pretty much similar to the other top tiers here), 4Gb of RAM, 26.8 GB of internal storage space and a 10.1-inch screen with a 1920 x 1200 dpi, it’s still inferior to the other tablets. Still, the Cube iWork 10 has good parental controls though, so it’s a child-friendly tablet. It would be hard to invest $185.04 on a tablet that you can get similar performance for a much cheaper one.
- Teclast X98 Plus – Another tablet that fell just a notch down the first 5 best tablets from China is the Teclast X98 Plus. Its brother the Teclast X98 Plus II is a slightly better tablet than this and yet this one cost $211.14 which is $43.15 higher, but performs less than the X98 Plus II. It almost has similar specs as it too has the 9.7-inch IPS screen with 2048 x 1536 resolution, the Intel Z8300 quad-core processor (1.44 GHz), 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of internal space, good parental controls and a dual-state that you can switch from the Android 5.1 Lollipo and Windows 10 OS. It would have made to the number 4 spot if it wasn’t too costly.
- Cube i9 (Windows 10) – While not boasting super hardware specs, the Chinese tablet manufacturer Cube is certainly proud of its mid-tier tablet i9 which has a ridiculously low price – $91.55! For that amount you will be getting a 12.2 inch display with WUXGA 1920 x 1200 dpi resolution, an Intel Core M3-6Y30 dual-core processor (1.51 GHz) and a 4 GB RAM which is not bad for a mid-tier contender that also has great parental controls features. You’ll enjoy a long battery life of 10000 mAh, 128 GB internal disc space, HDMI one, a USB Type-C port and Bluetooth 4.0.
- Teclast X80 Pro – Maybe you prefer a smaller compact tablet as oppose to the standardized versions? If so, then the Teclast X80 Pro is what you’re looking for! It has a a quad-core Intel Atom X5-Z8300 processor clocked at 1.84 GHz, 2 GB of RAM and an 8-inch IPS WUXGA display (1920 x 1200 dpi). It also sports a dual-boot OS, 32 GB internal storage space, great parental controls feature and an expandable microSD card slot. You can have it for only $91.55.
- Teclast Tbook 11 – Telcast’s other tablet models falls behind the other tablet manufacturers on this list due to yet again its unreasonably high price. Take a look at the Tbook 11, it features a dual-boot OS that runs Windows 10 and Android 5.1 Lollipop operating systems (which is no longer a surprise here as almost every other tablet has this), the 1.44 GHz Intel Z8300 quad-core processor, 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB space of flash storage + microSD slot and a 10.6-inch IPS display with FHD resolution. It also has a magnetic dock that lets you attach/detach a keyboard in case the keypad is not enough for you. All this is really not worth the $185.10 price tag that they’ve put on it, although the decent parental controls in this tablet is good enough.
- Chuwi HiBook – And last but not the least is the Chuwi HiBook tablet. Aside from the slightly high price it offers a decent specs that you’ll enjoy like the 10.1-inch IPS display with WUXGA 1920 x 1200 dpi resolution, Intel Z8300 quad-core 1.44 GHz processor, 4 GB of RAM memory and 64 GB space of internal storage with microSD card support. It also features a dual-boot configuration (Android 5.1 + Windows 10) just like most of the tablets on this list, plus it also has a 6.600 mAh battery, parental controls technology and a USB Type-C port.
Taking a second look and reassessing your judgments about tablets from China, you will find a wealth of noteworthy technology that are just as good as their western counterparts. Perhaps in the next decade manufacturers from China, India and maybe even Russia will be able to concentrate their efforts in creating top quality android tablets that will be acceptable in the United States and other western countries. Until then we’ll keep you posted.